Last week I shared a blog post about how to make a nightly bath part of your daily self care routine. It's truly unbelievable the phyical and mental benefits any habitual self care can make, but bath time is simply my favorite. Twice a month I add dry brushing to my regimen. Here's how you can too.
1. Purchase a natural-bristle brush from our store!
2. Take about 3-5 minutes to dry-brush your entire body. I prefer dry brushing at night before my bath and it prepares my skin to better absorb my Dream Weaver Lotion.
3. For lymph flow, always brush upwards towards the heart. Start with your feet, and make sure your entire body is brushed. Use sweeping strokes, starting from the bottom of your feet upwards, and from the hands towards the shoulders, and on the torso in an upward direction. Brush gently in a circular motion around the base of your neck, armpits, breasts/chest area, and entire abdominal area.
4. Apply enough pressure to stimulate circulation, but don't brush too hard! Firm but smooth strokes work best. Skin should be slightly pink after brushing, but it should never be red or sting. Use lighter pressure in areas where the skin is thin and harder pressure on places like the soles of the feet.
5. Soak into the bath!
6. When you are done bathing pat skin dry and massage in Dream Weaver Lotion.
Do not forget your hands and your feet!